Kodu lets you create games on the PC and XBox via a simple visual programming language. Kodu teaches creativity, problem solving, storytelling, as well as programming. Anyone can use Kodu to make a game with no design or programming skills.
Kodu teaches more than programming:
- Kodu is a rich tool for narrative creation and storytelling
- Kodu demonstrates that programming is a creative medium
- Kodu helps with critical thinking, breaking a complex goal into manageable steps, and iterate on the design process – an approach applicable to all academic subjects, business and personal relationships
- Kodu introduces the logic and problem solving of programming
- Kodu introduces conditions and sequences, which teaches cause and effect
- Students learn about cooperation, logic and creativity in addition to programming
To check out the Kodu site click here.