Kick Butts Day 2013
Kick Butts Day, a national day of activism established by the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, empowers youth to speak up and take action against Big Tobacco at hundreds of events from coast to coast.
Teacher, youth leaders, and health advocates organize these events and mobilize students to raise awareness of the tobacco problem, encourage youth to stay tobacco-free and urge strong action to protect kids from tobacco.
Mini-Grants may be used for:
- local transportation for youth participating in event;
- administrative expenses such as communication (phone, fax, e-mail, postage), copying and print services that are directly related to the event;
- materials needed for the event (trash bags, paper, art supplies, etc.);
- educational Items (brochures, palm cards, flyers, etc.) that can be handed out at events; and,
- refreshments and recognition that are integral to the project (the total amount should not exceed $150).
The grants cannot be used for direct lobbying of legislators. However, events and activities that educate policy makers and the public about the importance of policy change are encouraged.
Interested individuals must register their events and submit an application online.
THEY WILL ONLY CONSIDER COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED GRANT APPLICATIONS.
START PLANNING YOUR EVENT DETAILS NOW.
THEY WILL ACCEPT APPLICATIONS UNTIL JANUARY 15, 2013.